THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED. PLEASE DO NOT USE IT FOR THE 2017 BOOTCAMP AND BEYOND!
Each location may have a slightly different agenda, so make sure to check with your local organizer to see what software prerequisites you should have ready. These may be listed on the registration page for each event as well. In almost all cases you’ll want to bring a laptop if you can (don’t forget your power cord!) so that you can participate in the hands on labs. If you don’t have a laptop don’t worry, come anyway and make a friend to pair up with during the labs.
Your Commodore 64 will probably* not work with Windows Azure’s SDK. Here’s what you need to have on your system to make the most out of the day:
- You’ll need a Windows Azure Subscription. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for a 90 Day Trial or if you have a MSDN Subscription you can use your Azure Benefits. You’ll use this subscription while working on the hands on labs.
- A computer or laptop with:
- Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 (The Express edition will work, but maybe not for all labs)
- Windows Azure SDK 2.2 or higher for Visual Studio 2012 or 2013
- The Windows Azure Training Kit
- On Mac OS X: the cross platform command line tools
While we focus on .NET developers, other platforms like PHP, Node.js and Java may be supported along with Mac or Linux depending on the location and trainer. Please check with the local organizer.
We all have similar yet slightly different topics being covered. If you have any questions on content, please check with the local organizer.
* Unless you get Node.js running on it, there’s an SDK for you!