United States – Morrisville
21/04/2018 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Sign up for this event
Want to attend? Sign up for this event!
Use the comments below if you have any questions about the event. Ellen Whitney, the main organizer for this event, will be notified directly.
The day starts off with discussing common cloud development scenarios, including data, services and user interfaces that run in the cloud. Then in our hands-on lab we’ll build and deploy a cutting edge, end to end application with a DocumentDB (NoSQL) database, .NET Core REST services and a TypeScript / Angular 2 web application, all running, not on virtual machines, but on a true cloud platform. You can also develop and deploy the services for Docker if your machine supports it.
The prerequisites for this event are:
- You’ll need a Windows Azure Subscription. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for a 30 Day Trial. You will need to provide a credit card to sign up, but the Trial has a default spending cap, so unless you remove the cap you will not be charged. You’ll use this subscription while working on the hands on labs.
- A laptop with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition or higher. Install the ”Azure development”, “ASP.NET and web development”, “.NET Core cross-platform development” and “Data storage and processing” workloads. Note that this is by far the most time consuming installation, so please have VS 2017 installed before arriving if at all possible.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code (from https://code.visualstudio.com)
- LTS version of Node.js (includes NPM) (from https://nodejs.org/en/download)
- Angular CLI (from https://cli.angular.io)
- Stable channel of Docker for Windows (OPTIONAL – Requires Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education 64 bit or above or Server 2016 and must support Hyper-V) from https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/install/#download-docker-for-windows)