April 22, 2015 at 2:52 pm #23991
Hey organizers! We have just a few days left. Are you ready?
There is a ton of information in this last pre-event Newsletter, so please take the time to read all of it. We have Final Instructions document ready for you, but some of the highlights are included here in this newsletter. The Final Instructions document can be download from the Global Azure Website at https://global.azurebootcamp.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/GAB2015-FinalInstructions.docx. Please do read through it.
Reactions? Head over to our forums: https://global.azurebootcamp.net/forums/topic/final-pre-event-newsletter-reactions/
There are two labs this year! The charity lab will be benefiting breast cancer research while we also have a racing game lab which will generate data that can then be mined for Big Data/Data Analysis Hands on Labs.
Find out more about the Charity lab:
- How-to document: https://global.azurebootcamp.net/charity-lab/
- General background: https://global.azurebootcamp.net/global-azure-bootcamp-science-lab-2015/
Find out more about the Racing lab, with instructions at: http://gabracinginstructions.azurewebsites.net/AzureRacingGame_Instructions.htm
Slide Decks & Marketing
We have created two slide decks for you to use. One is for the pre-event slides which can be set to rotate while attendees are entering the event and getting settled. The second is for the raffle and giveaways. These are just suggested decks, so feel free to make your own as well! If you do use the ones provided you'll need to edit them to add your own specific location data in it (such as event city name, wireless code, etc).
You can download the slide decks from the Media page: https://global.azurebootcamp.net/media/
We have also updated the Media Kit with information about the Charity Lab, which you can also download from the Media page: https://global.azurebootcamp.net/media/.
Make sure to tweet using the #GlobalAzure hashtag before, during and after your event!
The Digital giveaways will be included in a separate email, but will be sent to the email address associated with the lead organizer for each event. Please make sure to check that inbox. The email will include instructions and a "Stuff We All Get" page which can be used to tell attendees about special deals or discounts from Global Sponsors.
The physical giveaways have been shipped by Microsoft and we are getting reports that the boxes are arriving at locations around the world. Note that the box will contain some pens, stickers and a Hoodie for the main organizer (or to raffle off). The posters didn't make the shipment. The ones that would have been printed can be found on the Azure Infographics website (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/infographics/) if you want to print up your own or point your attendees to them.
Some locations will also feature some live streams for a few of their sessions! Feel free to point your attendees to these as they may be happening at time after (or before) your event is scheduled due to the time zone differences between the events.
If you still have a hole in your agenda, you can have a virtual speaker, too!
The sessions that will be streamed by some rock-star Azure enthusiasts are available from https://global.azurebootcamp.net/live-streaming.
Note that the per-session URLs will be posted closer to Saturday.
After Event Survey
After the event is over there is a survey that we ask that the main organizer (or an appointed representative) from EACH city location complete. You can find it at http://bit.ly/gab2015survey. Fill this out AFTER your event only. There is a lot of information expected for this survey and it will take you 10 minutes or so. Here is what you be asked to help you prepare for the survey:
- Names and emails of all local organizers and trainers/presenters at your event in order to include them on the Microsoft Whitepaper report.
- Number of registered attendees before the event.
- Number of actual attendees of the event.
- Information about how many hours the event ran, how many sessions and number of trainers. We’ll also ask about what languages (English, Spanish, Dutch, etc.) that the sessions were given in.
- We’ll ask if you took part in the Charity or Racing labs.
- We’ll ask if you took pictures or had any media coverage.
- We’ll ask if you have any comments for next year or if your attendees had any issues signing up for the free Azure trials to work on the Hands on Labs if you did any.
- Then we’ll finish up with gathering the winner information for some of the giveaways. Please be very detailed when gathering winner information, including their full name and email address.
What happens if the Unthinkable Happens?
If for any reason you determine that you need to cancel your event, please do the following:
- Make sure you contact any registered attendees to let them know.
- Log into the Global Azure website and delete your event (https://global.azurebootcamp.net).
- Email the Global team (email@example.com) and let us know.
We're looking forward to Saturday!
The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.