Sharing is caring   Email this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponDigg this

Home Forums Archive 2017 General Dashboard Update Interval for Science Lab

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wesley Cabus 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Thomas M Daly
    Participant

Is the dashboard reporting now? I’m testing the lab for the past hour and it appears to be running correctly. I don’t see any changes to the dashboard.

Wesley Cabus
    Keymaster

Thomas, we have enabled the stream analytics at 02:05 AM UTC, so the results should be visible now. We will however clear all results in a few hours to start with a clean slate for everyone when the GAB officially starts.

If you do not see your results in the Top 10 Attendees chart, try looking for them using the My Results link on the top right.

Wesley Cabus
    Keymaster

* UPDATE *
    The results have been cleared again in order to get started for the main event. Have a great GAB!

Thomas M Daly
    Participant

I don’t know how the posts are timestamping… must be by computer local time because its 11:55am 4/21 here and your latest post says 1:17pm 4/21 (which would be the future)

I ran a few cycles this morning [11:00 AM (11:00) EST = 4:00 PM (16:00) UTC] and didn’t see anything report it.
    At [2:00 AM (2:00) UTC = 9:00 PM (21:00) Previous Day EST] through [1:00 PM (13:00) UTC = 8:00 AM (8:00) EST], I was not running the experiment because it was night time here.

at what time does this go live? does it start at a global time or per time zone? Is there a way you can see my locations data before the results hit the dashboard?

I have faith 🙂 but I just wish that I could have confirmed this is working before sending it out to all the attendees.

Wesley Cabus
    Keymaster

Haha yes, international time and software will always confuse developers and users alike 🙂
    Rest assured, we have seen data trickling through. We do however cache the results on the science lab dashboard for up to 5 minutes, because we would probably hit the request rate limits of DocumentDB otherwise.

I’m not entirely sure when the streaming jobs will be started again, but they will start globally. We have two locations in New Zealand, so I expect that the streaming jobs will start between now and 3 hours from now, which would be Saturday, 8 AM in New Zealand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.