Let them have Lunch!
One of the aspects of organizing an event that’s a day long is ensuring your attendees don’t go hungry. It’s also one of the aspects that many local organizers get stuck on, because getting food for a free event means finding a source of funding to pay for that food. For 2017 Microsoft, a Global Sponsor, has stepped up to offer catering to events with more than 30 attendees! There are some conditions that apply, so please read through the instructions below carefully. If you have any questions please use the Contact Form to send them our way.
- The event must be held (or hosted alongside) a local active technical community user group.
- User groups can be registered on Meetup or another online event management platform. You’ll need a community URL to add to the application. Please also add this URL to your event profile on the GAB Site.
- All catering applications MUST include both the event and community group URL.
- Don’t have a community group you are working with? We can help with that. Use the Contact Form to ask about Meetups and user groups in your area!
- You MUST have an event location registered on the Global Azure Bootcamp website. It should be in the Ready state. Any request that that isn’t registered with a Global Azure Bootcamp event will be denied.
- Event must be between 30-100 total attendees to qualify for catering.
- Event MUST occur on April 22nd, 2017 local time to the event.
- Events with over 100 attendees are not supported at this time; however, you can still submit for 100 only and then subsidize with other lunch plans to cover the other attendees on your own.
- Catering requests MUST be submitted no later than April 9th, 2017. There will be no extensions!
- Catering is subject to availability and may not be available in all markets.
- In the US and Canada catering will be provided by Domino’s. Mmmmm, Pizza! (not available outside of the US or Canada)
- Subway is the catering for the rest of the globe. (not in the US or Canada)
- Please make sure to fill out the correct application form below!
- All catering events must complete the end of event survey.
- Also please provide at least one event photo!
- Be smart about your estimates on attendees! As you can imagine, the cost to do this for Microsoft is quite large. Just like when you plan any community event please try to ensure that you get your estimates on attendees correct. You don’t want anyone to not get fed, but you also don’t want thirty extra sandwiches at the end either as that’s a waste of food and money.
If you meet the above guidelines and promise to complete the after event survey sent by the Global team, then follow the instructions below to request catering!
Catering Request Instructions
- Download a catering request application.
- Complete ALL Fields on the request forms. Failure to do so will mean the request will be rejected.
- Not sure about what community group or group URL? That’s where you fill in what local community group you are working with. If you don’t have one then please contact us to ask for an introduction to one nearby, then partner with them!
- Submit before Sunday, April 9th 2017. Any request after April 9th WILL be declined. Submit the forms by emailing them to these addresses:
- For events in US and Canada: Email the request to GABDominos@microsoft.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For events everywhere else in the world: Email the request to GABSubway@microsoft.com and CC email@example.com.
- Note firstname.lastname@example.org is a tracking alias only. Do not send email to it other than copying these requests. You will NOT get an answer.
- Wait patiently for a response. You should hear back in about 5 business days from Microsoft. If approved you will recieve contact information for your local catering supplier.
- About a week before your event please connect with your local catering event supplier and verify your attendee count! This will help reduce waste of food and ensure everyone gets fed.
Domino’s is available in the US and Canada only.
Subway is available in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Columbia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dubai, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy (Florence), Korea, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Cameroon (and other African countries). If you don’t see your country name in this list, please email GABSubway@microsoft.com to confirm availability.